Vapid Lacquer: Fall 2016 Collection

Monday, September 19, 2016 Unknown 0 Comments


Hey y'all! Today I've got the Fall 2016 Collection from Vapid Lacquer! As soon as I opened this package I was oohing and ahhing over how much it reminded me of autumn! It's a perfect blend of fall colors and is totally reminiscent of the perfect autumn day for me. It makes me think of the leaves changing, Halloween, and my favorite pair of skinny jeans with boots (IT'S ALMOST COOL ENOUGH FOR THEM!!!). This collection consists of seven polishes of varying finishes. They're all very opaque and could easily be a thick one coater.

First up is Fire Starter! This is a fiery red shimmer polish with an orange flash. It reminds me of the  red the maple leaves become this time of year. It's bold. It's vampy. It's silky smooth and opaque. I love it! This is two coats with a glossy top coat.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Next up is Ablaze! This is a bold orange holographic polish with flashes of red sparkle. It reminds me of pumpkins and fall leaves and is honestly more of a burnt orange than a true orange. Which is awesome for people like me who are orange/yellow challenged skin tone wise. This orange actually plays really well with my skin tone and you have no idea how thrilled that makes me. The formula on this was creamy and opaque. Shown below is two coats with glossy top coat.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Up next is Psilocybin! This is a milk chocolate meets espresso brown holographic polish with shimmering purple/blue flashes. I love this polish. Browns are, in my humble opinion, incredibly underrated. This is deep and rich with just the right amount of holo and shimmer to make it magical. The formula was, yet again, flawless and opaque. Shown below is two coats with a glossy top coat.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Next is Moon Moth! This is a sage green creme with a subtle pink shimmer. This reminds me the green in armo camo and I was pleasantly surprised to find that it actually pulled off pretty well on me. Dusty colors can be particularly tricky for my skin tone sometimes, but this is beautiful. The only thing I wish was different was that the shimmer was a bit more prominent on the nail. It's there, it's just very subtle and I had a very hard time picking it up in photos. It is more prominent in person (though still very subtle), I promise. The formula on this was creamy and opaque just like the others. Shown below is two coats with a glossy top coat.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Next we have Spider and the Fly! This is a emerald forest green linear holographic polish. It is a stunningly deep, rich, and bold green. It reminds me of walks deep in the forest. Greens are another color that can be tricky on me but this looks gorgeous and has easily become one of my favorite greens in my collection. As with the others the formula is silky and opaque. This is two coats with a glossy top coat.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Up next is Weaponized Guilt! This is a black based polish with a dark, burnished gold shimmer and olive green leanings. This polish really reminds me of Halloween for some reason. I know it's not a typical color you'd grab for Halloween, but that's what it reminds me of. I couldn't tell you why lol The formula on this is silky and opaque, but you have to be careful applying or you'll get brushstrokes. No biggie. I did two thin coats and a glossy top coat.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Last, but not least, we have Distressed! This is a dark, dusty, denim blue polish with copper shimmer and holo flakes! Sitting here staring at this on my nails right now I can't help but think how this reminds me of the sky just at dusk when the stars are just becoming visible. This polish was creamy and opaque just like the others. Shown below is two coats with a glossy top coat.

Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs
Indoors with daylight bulbs

That's all of them! I can't decide on a favorite, I love the whole collection! It's got all my favorites... holos and shimmers and browns! What do you think of this collection? Do you have a favorite? Let me know in the comments!

When: September 25th at a TBD time
Where: VapidLacquer.com
Sizes: These will be available in both full (16ml) and schmedium (9ml) size, but will not be sold in a set. Only available as individuals.

Follow Vapid Lacquer on social media:

0 comments: