Ever After ♥ Tonic Polish Valentine's Day Quartet

Thursday, February 02, 2017 Unknown 0 Comments


Hey y'all! I've got the Ever After ♥ Tonic Polish 2017 Valentine's Day Quartet to show you! So I'm pretty excited about this quartet! I'm a big fan of Tonic, but I have to confess that these are my first Ever After polishes. (Spoiler alert: they were amazing and I'm definitely a new fan!) Anyway, let's get on to the swatches!

4 Ever is a creamy wisteria purple with a strong aqua shimmer and a hint of scattered holographic sparkle. Tonic formulas are on the thick side, but I had no real issues with actual application. My first coat was a bit patchy which I'm chalking up to user error from trying to do too thin of a coat (I like working in really thin ones...). I did my second coat a bit thicker and it evened out perfectly. Fully opaque in two coats. Shown below is two coats with a glossy topcoat.

4 Ever (indoors with daylight bulbs)
4 Ever (indoors with daylight bulbs)
4 Ever (indoors with daylight bulbs)
Sweet Pea is a creamy sage/pea green with a strong pink/peach/lemon yellow shifting shimmer and a touch of scattered holographic sparkle. When I first saw this green I was a little worried because it's in the shade family of greens (those olives and yellowish greens) that are really iffy on whether or not they'll look good on me, but it's gorgeous and played well with my skin tone. No issues with application on this one either. Like other Tonics the formula for this one is on the thick side, but applies well. Fully opaque in two coats. Shown below is two coats with a glossy top coat.

*Disclaimer* The macro shot for this polish is slightly inaccurate. For some reason the lighting kept washing this one out in the macro shot so I did do some color correcting. That was as close to accurate as I could get. It's very close, just still a bit washed out.

Sweet Pea (indoors with daylight bulbs)
Sweet Pea (indoors with daylight bulbs)
Sweet Pea (indoors with daylight bulbs)
Kiss Me is a berry shifting chrome with a strong scattered holo and gold holo glitters. This is a gorgeous polish that seems to shift through so many variations of purple/berry/fuchsia. The formula on these are a bit on the thinner side, so you'll want to be careful to avoid flooding (especially if you're like me and your nails are tiny). Applied beautifully and built to full opacity in two coats. Shown below is two coats with a glossy top coat.

Kiss Me (indoors with daylight bulbs)
Kiss Me (indoors with daylight bulbs)
Kiss Me (indoors with daylight bulbs)
Purr-fect is a pale lavender purple to green multichrome with gray undertones and a holographic sparkle. This polish is freaking gorgeous. Please believe me when I say that my photos come nowhere near of doing it justice. I tried. I tried hard, they just don't. I personally think that this color seemed to show more of the green side to it than the purple, but that honestly could have just been the lighting in my room. The formula on this one is a bit on the thinner side too, so make sure that you don't have too much polish on your brush to avoid flooding. This did build to full opacity in two coats, but I did three to make sure there was no sneaky visible nail line in photos. I also think that adding a third coat gave the color a bit more depth. Shown below is three thin coats with a glossy top coat.

Purr-fect (indoors with daylight bulbs)
Purr-fect (indoors with daylight bulbs)
Purr-fect (indoors with daylight bulbs)
So that's it! Those are the Valentine's Day Quartet polishes! Aren't they all beautiful?! I have to say, I was impressed with all of them. The Tonics were everything I expected from them and more and the Ever Afters definitely left an amazing first impression on me. I'll be grabbing more from them in the future!

Alright, let's talk release details. This goes on sale tomorrow, February 3rd, and will only be available through the Ever After shop. The quartet costs $40 plus shipping and will have 40 sets available for immediate shipping and then it will switch over to a pre-order for three days.

What: Ever After ♥ Tonic Polish Valentine's Day Quartet
Where: Ever After Website
When: Friday, February 3, 2017 at 7PM CST

Follow Ever After & Tonic Polish:

0 comments: